Wednesday, November 4, 2009

October 4th-Present

October 4th was one of the most horrible days in my life. I lost one of my twin babies because of my incompetent cervix. I was then transferred to St. Joseph's Hospital to save the other one. I was put into the high risk pregnancy unit. Later on that day, at 19 weeks, I was given the opportunity to have a cervical cerclage put in. Treatment for cervical incompetence is a surgical procedure called cervical cerclage, in which the cervix is sewn closed during pregnancy.
Now I am 22 weeks and found out that Keith and I are having a baby girl, Ava Marie. Once I reach 24 weeks, I'll be admitted back into the hospital and start receiving steroid shots so Ava's brain and lungs can develope better. I'll stay in the hospital till she is born and I couldn't be more excited to meet her!

RIP Trey Boyd Turlington<3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you started a blog! I'll add you to my list :)
    Honey i'm so sorry about everything you've been through. I cant imagine... Your one tough lil lady and I'm sure little Ava will be just as tough. I cant wait to meet her! I'm so excited for you and Keith
    Let me know when your back in the hospital and we'll bring ya more pizza and treats ;)
    I love ya girl. Keep us updated!
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete